Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repeater, Copy-Cat thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamthole

I have an idea for a project that requires a copy cat device. Basically it would be a device that you program by doing the actual operation.

For instance, lets say I have 2 buttons that have 256 levels of pressure sensitivity. I press on the left at 100 pressure for 2 seconds and on the right for 56 pressure at 3 seconds. Is their anyway that an electronic device could record what I did, and later do the exact thing, but without me pressing the buttons? Just a crazy idea I had.

Thanks!

Hi

your post reminds me of something called, I think, Player Piano by Yamaha, its been around for some years. Each key has a pressure sensor attached and a computer logged each keystroke for duration and pressure.

You might want to look in that direction

Ed

Yeah, that is exactly what I am looking for. I am wanting to get into PIC programming (I bought all the stuff, just haven't had time to mess with it yet) How hard would the code be for something that I described? Any goof tutorial sites? Thanks.

adamthole said:
Yeah, that is exactly what I am looking for. I am wanting to get into PIC programming (I bought all the stuff, just haven't had time to mess with it yet) How hard would the code be for something that I described? Any goof tutorial sites? Thanks.

The limitations of a PIC make this rather difficult (due to lack of RAM), but here's a project you might find interesting? https://www.romanblack.com/picsound.htm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back