Repeater, Copy-Cat thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamthole

I have an idea for a project that requires a copy cat device. Basically it would be a device that you program by doing the actual operation.

For instance, lets say I have 2 buttons that have 256 levels of pressure sensitivity. I press on the left at 100 pressure for 2 seconds and on the right for 56 pressure at 3 seconds. Is their anyway that an electronic device could record what I did, and later do the exact thing, but without me pressing the buttons? Just a crazy idea I had.

Thanks!

Hi

your post reminds me of something called, I think, Player Piano by Yamaha, its been around for some years. Each key has a pressure sensor attached and a computer logged each keystroke for duration and pressure.

You might want to look in that direction

Ed

Yeah, that is exactly what I am looking for. I am wanting to get into PIC programming (I bought all the stuff, just haven't had time to mess with it yet) How hard would the code be for something that I described? Any goof tutorial sites? Thanks.

adamthole said:
Yeah, that is exactly what I am looking for. I am wanting to get into PIC programming (I bought all the stuff, just haven't had time to mess with it yet) How hard would the code be for something that I described? Any goof tutorial sites? Thanks.

The limitations of a PIC make this rather difficult (due to lack of RAM), but here's a project you might find interesting? https://www.romanblack.com/picsound.htm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…