Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

replacement for a 680uF cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonW

Dear Friends,

I have recently been given a power amp to repair, after some head scratching I found that 2 680uF were leaky.

I have looked through electronic component supplies, they have told me it is an obsolete value.

What do the techies replace the value with?

Your feedback is always appreciated.

Regards,

Simon

SimonW said:
Dear Friends,

I have recently been given a power amp to repair, after some head scratching I found that 2 680uF were leaky.

I have looked through electronic component supplies, they have told me it is an obsolete value.

What do the techies replace the value with?

Your feedback is always appreciated.

Regards,

Simon

That Depends a lot on Where there being used and What there doing in the Circuit?

1000uF - try reading the tolerance off the old capacitors, it's probably something like +50%/-20% - increasing to 1000uF will also probably improve performance a liitle!.

BTW, what do the electrolytics actually do?.

capacitor action

Sorry, still new to this forum.

The capacitors are on the final smoothing stage on a SMPS.
16v rated, 105 degree type, no tolerance stated
Hope this helps

Last edited:
Also try to get 25V rather than 16V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back