Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacement Power supply lead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnskid

Right I have a vestax Mixer which uses the Vestax AC-14 power supply lead like this one here..

VESTAX PSU - REPLACEMENT POWER SUPPLY (AC 14)- EACH

However the plug I had has broken and I need to replace it but all the shops I found selling them on the net have ran out of stock and they say they dont know when they can get more stock as there is no Vestax distributor in the UK that have them in stock and that means getting one from Japan.. but I canceld the order because it had taken too long already.

So do any of you guys know where I could get the same plug but from a different brand?
Please be sure that you know it will deffinatley work as a replacement.

Sorry to ask a question on my first post, I have tryed forums for DJ's and no luck from them.

Thanks, Alex.

Ola Burnskid.

Can you post a picture of the type plate on the power supply. Than it might be possible to find out what specs are important for a replacement.

Bassbuddy

I threw it awa when I thought I had antoher one coming in the post, The info is on that picture in the link if you can read it.

I threw it awa when I thought I had antoher one coming in the post, The info is on that picture in the link if you can read it.

hi,
Which image is the connector you are missing shown on.?

Is the connector single pole, hole down the centre of the connector.??

hi,
Which image is the connector you are missing shown on.?

Is the connector single pole, hole down the centre of the connector.??

If you mean the connector that plugs into the mixer then yeah its a single pole with a hole down the centre. Here's the picture of the acctual plug I need. I would have wrote down the info from the plug my self but I didnt think they would be this hard to get hold of.

**broken link removed**

If you mean the connector that plugs into the mixer then yeah its a single pole with a hole down the centre. Here's the picture of the acctual plug I need. I would have wrote down the info from the plug my self but I didnt think they would be this hard to get hold of.

OK,
Measure the outer diameter and the inner diameter of the hole.

There is a full range of this type of connector available with different dia's..

Lets know what you measure.. be as accurate as possible, as some dims are close.:)

EDIT:
Look at this link:
https://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/..._003&Ntt=dc+power+plug&Ntx=&_requestid=126621

Last edited:
yeah I know what ya mean mate, I bought a multi voltage plug but it didnt have the right sized connector so a bought a new connector thats the right size but the plug didnt work anyway.

Heres the diameter of the pole - 1/4 of an inch and the inner hole is 3mm.

Last edited:
Some remarks,

I copied the following from the site you linked to:

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
Suitable for the following vestax mixers
Vmc004
Pmc05 pro vca (not standard version)
Pmc05 pro sl vca (not standard version)
Pmc06 pro vca (not standard version)
220 / 240 volt input
14 volt ac output

So, you need a power supply of 14 Volts AC!!!

I manipulated the photo to read on the label what current it needs to supply but the power supply on the photo is the 12 V model. So I could not find out.

A multivolt adapter is generally a DC supply!!!!

The connectors come with different sizes of the centerhole. Be aware of that. If the hole is too big then it looks like it fits but it doesn't.

Some remarks,

I copied the following from the site you linked to:

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
Suitable for the following vestax mixers
Vmc004
Pmc05 pro vca (not standard version)
Pmc05 pro sl vca (not standard version)
Pmc06 pro vca (not standard version)
220 / 240 volt input
14 volt ac output

So, you need a power supply of 14 Volts AC!!!

I manipulated the photo to read on the label what current it needs to supply but the power supply on the photo is the 12 V model. So I could not find out.

A multivolt adapter is generally a DC supply!!!!

The connectors come with different sizes of the centerhole. Be aware of that. If the hole is too big then it looks like it fits but it doesn't.

Yeah I bought a plug without the right connector by accident so I went to maplins and got the right size connector.

Im not really sure what to look for here guys cos I have already bought a Multivolt adaptor and when I tryed it out the mixer lit up but all the volume indicators turned bright red and no sound came through my speakers so I assumed it didnt work. Sorry if I seem a bit dumb on the subject. :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back