Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reprogramming PICs with Internal OSC on & MCLR disabled (internal) Inchworm+

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueroomelectronics

Finally tried programming a 16F628A with Internal OSC enabled & MCLR disabled (internal) with the new Inchworm+ (with Mike, K8LH BS250P update (Q1)). You will get a warning but all went well because of VPP before VDD seems to be possible with the mod.

Code:
Programming Target...
...Validating configuration fields
ICDWarn0033: [COLOR=Red]MPLAB ICD 2 does not support programming this device if both the internal oscillator and internal MCLR are selected.  You may continue programming, but you are encouraged to cancel, reconfigure your device, and try again.[/COLOR]
...Erasing Part
Verifying...
...Verify Succeeded
Programming Configuration Bits
.. Config Memory
Verifying configuration memory...
...Verify Succeeded
...Programming succeeded
08-Apr-2007, 13:55:21

MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
Erasing Target Device...
...Erase Succeeded
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

Bill,

I see there's the normal inchworm, inchworm classic and inchworm+
Whats the difference bet. all the versions?

Will the above only work on the inchworm+
I've got the normal inchworm - what do I need to do to mod it to turn it into the + version?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I trolled through the forum and didnt find anything.

Here's the thread. The BS250 PFET mod is simpler but both should work equally well. The relay can switch more current than the PFET.

Actually the Inchworm you have is the classic. The Inchworm+ has only minor changes but they operate the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back