Require info on TFT-LCD with PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

abicash

Hi
I am shortly starting work on driving a 16bit/pix TFT-LCD which is 320x240pix 3.5".
I am shortlisting some controllers to be used with this.Choices being :
Freescale MCF52277 Coldfire V2/i.mX 32bit ARM
Atmel: AVR/AT91SAM9261
Microchip: PIC24F

PIC24F has on its document stated that its V1.0 free Library supports some drivers for LCD modules (HIMAX being for the proposed one) Can anyone suggest something here?

God those guys at microchip are deceitful!

The high end PIC24F has 16K of RAM, but it takes 150K to maintain a 320x240x16bit screen buffer. Unless you plan on displaying static menus, ditch the PIC24F series! Unless of course you WANT an overly complicated system with extensive amounts of power hungry external memory...

Hi thanks for reading and replying! Much appreciated

Of course I was planning an external SRAM for such a scheme (with the PIC24F).
Even S12X from Freescale uses an FPGA to unload the CPU.
The important factor being cost,I may not go for complex ARM systems where I will surely under utilize the controller.

I was interested with PIC24F because of the ready Graphics Library and ease of development and most importantly 'time'!

So they say that with some libraries user can easily modify the library according to ones need.

There is a beautiful **broken link removed** on the PIC24F page where they have showed the Touchscreen capability too!!

SO wat do you say

Eagerly awaiting reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…