Requirement of IC 555 in Circuit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electroenthusiast

Should I use a IC 555 to run a TSOP1738 sensor?

Please show me an circuit that contains both receiver circuit and transmitter circuit.
i wanted to run a counter using IR led, But will it require IC555.
What exactly is modulating and let me know about modulating?
(TSOP1738)

CAN I DO THE CIRCUIT WITHOUT IC555 ?
Here's what i need to do...

**broken link removed**

One side i'm using just an IR LED, and the other side i'm using TSOP1738 sensor.
(I require some information about the Receiver and Transmitter crcuits)

The TSOP1738 is used as the remote control IR receiver in home entertainment products. Their remote produce data pulses of the 38kHz. The data is modulation of the 38kHz and determines the function.

Compact fluorescent light bulbs also operate at 38kHz but continuously and cause severe interference to remote controls so the TSOP1738 turns down its gain if the 38kHz is not pulses of data.

So for max gain you need to modulate the 38kHz in bursts of pulses as defined in the datasheet. You can use a second 555 to create the bursts which will turn the 38kHz 555 on and off at the defined burst rate.

I would recommend using the 74HC00 to make two NAND gate oscillators, one for 38kHz and the other for the bursts.

The 74HC00 is cheaper than a NE556, can be run off a couple of AA cells and requires the same number of external components to do what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…