resistor for ball mill earth stake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have made a couple of Stirling engines and one steam engine, I test the boilers with water pushed by compressed air, no way would I use compressed air to test joints :O. Apparently there is a silicon you can buy that alot of people use inside metal tubes for pyro work, the only down side is they are thing and need changing now and then.
As a one off and considering the smallish amount of material I will leave the PVC with a sleeve added for now, when I do the charcoal I might swap to copper coated on the inside with something, not too sure yet, steel would be ok for bio beds. Copper I like working with but copper and some microbes are a bad mix as the copper is toxic to them, Brass would be great but chances of finding a brass pipe 4" diameter and 2 feet long are the same odds as finding a girlfriend that understands sheds and shed time.
Anyway back later as I have roofing felt to do on my shed and a new chair to install , I wanted a balcony this year but never got around to it

I might post a pic later of my shed

Are you sure noone will walk their dog right past said mill, that'd be a bit of a surprise for rover.

What you cant see is the fact the road is a main road with no paths and we are surrounded by stone walls and a Huge gate, it would have to be a pretty lost dog walker , the drive way is 1/4 mile long. isolation has its up sides lol

Your very lucky, I could have played my guitar as loud as I wanted when I was a kid if we lived somewhere like that, and we lived on a farm.

Yes its even better than where we lived in Devon. I am only 5 miles from the village so it dosnt feel isolated, but I get to make bangs and flashes that would normally have police swarming all over the place!
We have some great outbuildings one of which is my shed with an upstairs to it. Mind you its alot of work to just keep it ticking over, dads back in hospital next week so I doubt he will be around for a couple of weeks. The upside being I get to drive and use the big tractor , somehow though he always knows Ive been in it! Dosnt matter how careful I park it or how I leave it he just......knows . It cant be the hours meter because I disconnect that . It is a really cool place though

Interesting. My current home is at the white dot to the right of the middle of the view:

It's about 2000 feet from the highway and surrounded by woods. I love the isolation, but no TV or cell phone, because of the trees. I could easily do without either, except I do like to watch OSU win. I can shoot whatever I want and no one complains. Last evening, a buddy got an 8-point buck. I expect a wild turkey (breast) for Thanksgiving.

John

The picture dosnt give a good view but we are on a bit on a hill, so we get cell signal and TV, the house is the T shape on the right and the L shape buildings are the workshop etc, the big white thing is a mobile home or trailer I guess over there. I use the trailer as a kind of homework retreat etc , its going to be moved to the back of the woods next summer but the ground wasnt dry enough this year to tow it around.
I like the isolation although we are not far from the village but around 15 miles from a town, we own around 300 acres including the small wood (12 acres), its a great place to grow up and I get to make noise and do things that living near people wouldnt be allowed. In the uk guns are a no no but we have a rifle mainly because we have a heard of wild deer that live around here and sometimes they get hit on the road, we have a shotgun for fox's but since getting two of these

we dont get foxs , that isnt one of ours as I havnt got pics of them on here, but same breed, although has to be said she looks like a younger version of my mum.
I am 6' now and they can put there paws on my shoulders and look me in the eye! its pretty scary if they dont know you, we have a sign at the gate saying two enter then stay in vehicle and use the car horn lol, they are not friendly to strangers! but great with the animals except predators.
The end of the L shape building is a kennel block where they sleep, I might try and get some pics taken of where we live. The best part is we still have alot of bats like we did in devon, no idea how many species but at least 4.

LG,
Sounds like a great place. I don't have any dogs yet, but will. I am considering more the retriever type or standard dachshunds. My oldest grandson will be 15 next year, and he will spend time with me next Summer getting an old (1984), low mileage (42,000) Chevy S-10 ready to drive. His mom was in 2nd grade and went with me to Minneapolis when I bought it. It has been promised to him pretty much since he was born.

I have a lot of wild life around me because of the woods. I particularly enjoy watching the variety of birds that visit. I have a small pond and am less then 20 miles from Lake Erie. Eagles and falcons are in the area and occasionally visit.

Be careful with your pyrotechnics. Take tcmtech's advice to heart. As a chemist, I have had a few unexpected explosions.

Have a good evening.

John

I love the wildlife around here, I am kind of into photography as well. The pyro thing is one off with perchlorates/chlorates. I dont normally mess with pyro stuff now. It was fun at first but a couple of things went off without warning and that put me off. Also in the Uk most the stuff is banned so its likely to end in a hefty spell in prison if caught.
I am happy enough with the charcoal and the bio beds work much better with charcoal you make yourself, handy you being a chemist , You might find a few questions coming your way lol. We dont have wild turkeys here in the uk and I am not sure if its a UK thing or universal, but when we had the farm in devon we had some turkeys one year and they are even more stupid than pheasants! Ours seemed to send the day thinking up new and exciting ways to commit suicide. I am surprised you need to shoot them, over here give a turkey a gun and its likely to shoot itself
We have a pond in the wood but the sat pic dosnt show it up well, when I get time I would love to dig out a large pond

I'd love 2 of those.
Wouldnt mind the dog either.

I posted where I used to live but then realised leaving the road and area names on the map wasnt a good idea.
How did you do yours guys?

Last edited:
I posted where I used to live but then realised leaving the road and area names on the map wasnt a good idea.
How did you do yours guys?

Click on the bars:

And select "Labels Off". Actually, it reads current status, so if if says "Labels Off", don't click on it. If is says, "Labels On," toggle it to off. Then use Win7 snipping tool.

John

Thanks.
Nope still couldnt suss it, there int a option for labels, maybe because I'm running the lite version.

"Lite" version of what? I use Chrome and Google maps is just a URL (HTTPS). Are you in Earth view? The label option only exists in that mode.

John

Yeah just put your address into google and then hit maps and do a selective screen shot leaving out the address, I dont mind giving my address though.
I prefer the dogs as so far they havnt taken shed time

You all are funny i bet you got google mail and maybe facebooks don't matter which and if the world want's to know where you live they all could knock on your door.

No google mail or facebook, but I dont mind people knocking on the door. As long as they like large dogs with bad tempers .
Besides I grew up on a farm so our address was all over the place, even here we have dads work address so privacy isnt something we worry too much about, the gates are secure we have large dogs and alarm systems and MUM .
Why do people worry so much about being anonymous? It dosnt exist anymore, all main roads have Number Plate Recognition systems and cameras, everyone in the uk can be traced if someone wants too or has access to certain systems. Privacy is long gone, your cell phone can track you to a few feet. People worry we might get chips in our heads eventually but the joke is they dont need that, we are already completely traceable.
In the UK we have a TV series on at the moment called hunted (look on Iplayer), the idea is that people go on the run and a team try and track them, its a real eye opener!
They are a TV company and yet seem to have access to CCTV and NPR systems, most of the people get caught really quickly.

Last edited:
You may take longer to find maybe a minute longer I pop up in the first ten hit's on google.
My two exwifes and My kids mom where I live and where I've lived plus what I do.
I even lost a girl friend cause some where it said I'm a computer hacker. Because someone posted some where I crack login passwords on windows computers and celphones. I thought I was helping dummies who forgot there passwords LOL. The bot's on the net don't miss a thing.
It's not just google and facebooks but there more of the big players yahoo hot mail bing and you can believe this microsoft has took it to a new level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…