Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

resistor pack for voltage drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

kutalinelucas

Hi.
i'm running a pic processor at 5v and i need 9 of the output lines to supply a logic level at 3v which is fed into another processor. I know theres a few ways forward but time is really an issue and i was wondering if sombody could help. I know a resistor pack with a // resistor will give me the voltage drop i need but i really can't picture how it's done (unless somebody knows of a more subtle way from a component i can pick up from mapins). is there any change somebody could post a 'paint' img or something? i have googled it but im still none the wiser. (
would really appreciate any help

cheers

A paralell resistor? Don't you mean a series resistor? I think I told you in your first thread it's a bunch of resistive dividers, one for each pin. Do you know what a "resistive divider" is? Google that.

Use a gate package with a 3V VCC supply and 5V tolerant inputs. Don't bother messing around with resistors. That way lies agony and heartache. Trust me on this.

If you want to go the other way use a CMOS gate with TTL thresholds and a 5V Vcc supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back