Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Retrofit RF wireless tech into old IR remote control systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game-Tech.us

I've been trying to find information on how to take an old Infrared remote control system, in my case a Nintendo NES Satellite, and update it with Radio Freq technology. I even signed up to a Texas Inst. forum and got a couple really vague replies from a TI employee saying things like 'our CC253x series should work great for RF control.' I need specifics or pointed in a better direction or linked to better info.

It really depends on what the existing system is - most will directly output the ultrasonic carrier and data from a single pin, and you need the data without the carrier to feed a radio unit.

I did find a microcontroller in the transmitter and in the reciever. I wonder if the signal gets sent from the one in the transmitter to the IR hardware and I could pick it up there? Would I need to pull the code from it to figure out which pin to check?

The connections to the transistor feeding the IR LED should make it obvious which pin is the output of the chip.

I wouldn't have thought it would be possible to read the code from it?, even assuming it is a micro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back