Reverse Engineer Keypad

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

A friend of mines brought me a T-MOBILE DASH broken... he said have fun ... so i took it about and love the keypad. Im in the mix of reverse engineering it and wanted to ask if anyone wants the pinout and stuff for keypad when im done ?

LED on keypad takes 5v like a charm too!

I took connector off main PCB of phone. Its .5mm pitch.. i made a eagle part for it...
added a picture:

Attachments

• phone.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
oK I mapped all the buttons ... now i need to rewrite it so everyone can understand. Then i might make a schematic on how i think everything is connected. Then ill ask for some help on making a decoder program in C

This is ugly but ill rewrite soon as a spreadsheet and convert to PDF and share on the web...

Also i might tackle the Sidekick next...

I have a Sidekick LX and a Sidekick Slide... which should i do ?

Attachments

• buttons.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Ok here is the cleared up pinout:

23 and 24 are common to the UP,DOWN,LEFT,RIGH and CENTER buttons... most likely a GND type pin

Attachments

• BUTTONS2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Ok here is my schematic of the layout... im not sure about leds so left it alone..

Attachments

• dashpad.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 121
  • dash keypad.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 87
while this was a fun little project. Im looking at the sidekick keyboard and feel its larger and would be much nicer to use than this one. So Ill stop here on this. But the schematic and pinout is available in this post for all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…