reversing a lcd flat panel with composite video input

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe apparently you're not understanding what I'm trying to say. The setup is already complex and bulky, what's one more mirror? If you get an inverted image afterwords and can't fix that, I shoot you =)

Attachments

• Reflection..png
    12.1 KB · Views: 213
Wow! Thats using the old noggin Sceadwin! I will have to give that a try. It looks logical and excessively easy. I wonder why no one have ever tried that? Before I try it though, I will need to see about the weight re-distribution. We have to counterbalance the front weight with weight behind the camera adding to the total weight. The further away we put the monitor from the pivot point the more weight I will need to counter balance the other side. You probably know that already though. It's a very interesting design though and I will give it a shot next week. : )

Rotate the mirror clockwise 90 degrees and put the display under the camera. With appropriate shading so that the "talent" (heh) reads the one they're supposed to read and not the one they're not.

This might be beating a dead horse Rolo, but I know that flat panel monitors exist that actually have that function built in. Some of them have the function available for the user and some are buried somewhere on a circuit board just waiting for someone like you to come around and unlock that function.
The Sharp LC20SH3U is one of those TV/Monitors that have that function available to the user. However, finding one might be the trick. You didn't mention what size LCD panel you needed or what aspect ratio, but this one is a 20 inch 4x3. Another one is the Sharp LC-20B2UB also a 4x3.
The HITACHI C20-LC800 is another candidate at 20 inches and a 4x3 format.
Anyway, I guess what i'm trying to say is that you might be able to find what you are looking for out there on the Internet. I know this is an old thread but for what its worth, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…