Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rewinding Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory

I have rewound a transformer .
The transformer chatters when I apply 240v.AC
At 120v AC It dos not chatter.
The transformer is a Isolation transformer for my CRO.240V to 240V
What causes the chattering and is there a direction the secondary winding has to be placed in relation to the primery winding in reguards to the direction the windings are wound.

Gregory said:
I have rewound a transformer .
The transformer chatters when I apply 240v.AC
At 120v AC It dos not chatter.
The transformer is a Isolation transformer for my CRO.240V to 240V
What causes the chattering and is there a direction the secondary winding has to be placed in relation to the primery winding in reguards to the direction the windings are wound.

Doesn't your CRO already have a mains transformer inside it?, I would rather trust that than a home wound one!. If it's chattering?, presumably you have not wound it very well?, is it the primary or secondary you've wound?.

It is the secondary that I have rewound.
When using the cro on a tv power supply I use a Isolation transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back