Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Beacons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leiterelec

I am seeking to use RF chips (I presently have the LINX Eval Kit) as components in a voice/code beacon system. I want to lead individuals with receivers to the beacon stations, using a tracking type system. I have been informed that is it possible to use a PIC or Basic Stamp microprocessor for this application. The idea is that as the incoming RF signal gain becomes stronger, the analog decibel output will become greater. Probably some sort of if.else statement would be utilized in this firmware. Frankly, I'm just now starting to learn the Microchip programming system in order to accomplish this, but if anyone knows of any existing code or any hardware that would faciliate this application I certainly would be grateful.

Are you sure there is a signal strength output on the boards, I had a quick look at the linx site and couldn't find any online manuals. The type of moudle that they sell doesn't usually have any signal strength output and the 85dB buzzer (for range testing) is simply so if you know that the module is receiving at 300'/100m away.

You know what - I need to check on this. Digikey suggested the Linx system because it did have a signal strength pin - but let me take a direct look at the units to make certain.

The ES, HP3 and LR modules do come with a RSSI output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back