Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF + Canadian Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormRyda

Couple of questions here. I need some information on Canadian frequencys and which ones are license free. Where I could purchase a license free rf module that can control 2 relays - must be license free in Canada. Or take the alternative of making a rf reviever/transmitter but don't know what freq to use to where to start. Thank you for your time.

you may want to try using the new FRS walkie talkies ( 460 Mhz band ) as a basis for your circuit. I believe they have a "page" button that will send a keying signal that could be used for you purpose.

If you would like the full lowdown on the Canadian radio spectrum, here it is in detailed chart form.

( bet you never realized just how crowded the airwaves were .... )

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/epic/internet/insmt-gst.nsf/vwapj/spectallocation.pdf/$FILE/spectallocation.pdf

here is a link to the main site for business / commercial affairs involving just about all you would want to know regarding broadcasting in Canada.

**broken link removed**

Try looking in Canadian electronics suppliers, they should list suitable licence free modules - presuming Canada has such a scheme?. I would expect them to, the UK does, and we're stupidly obsessive about such things!.

Licence Free is Very Deceptive. In Canada, Some Frequencies are, "But Only if your transmitter meets DOC Specifications".

And Legally that require DOC Approval on the unit you build. Which will cost you Lots.

Bottom Line, Build anything, Keep the Power Down Low, Avoid Interfering with others and probably you won't have any problems.

like chemelec said, rolling your own transciever can be a bit of a pain, both mentaly and to the wallet. Often it is easier to just let someone else cover the engineering for you, aka buy a prebuilt unit that covers the basics of your needs, then add to its functionality.

maybe this company can help:

**broken link removed**

chemelec said:
Licence Free is Very Deceptive. In Canada, Some Frequencies are, "But Only if your transmitter meets DOC Specifications".

And Legally that require DOC Approval on the unit you build. Which will cost you Lots.

Isn't that the same everywhere? - which is why it's far easier (and cheaper) to buy ready built licence free modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back