rf radio freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

uppili4chi

hello freiends,

It is very difficult to operate the divice like fan, light or some electrical and electronic component by disable person. so here we can use IR OR BLUE TOOTH through remoot.

IF it is possible, then y con't we operate some system and other thing for from us. that mean industrial components. (dist 500 to1000);
I think radio frqu is one of the best sig to use.

so we need

1 a\d
2 amplifir
3 rf conv
4 transmeter

so is there any one have idea to improve the quality.

There are some, possibly many industrial applications using RF communication - taking the place of hard-wired systems. Certainly the communications systems must be tolerant of the interference levels of typical factories.

I disagree that RF applications are widespread on the factory floor. You may remember an ill fated effort called MAP (Manufacturing Automotive Protocol) driven by Generous Motors in the mid 1980's. It fell flat on its face when people realized the cost and the crankiness of adding the RF infrastructure for a couple of dirt cheap I/O points. I don't know what has changed in the last twenty years, but the incremental cost of adding a network to an I/O point has to be in the 10% to 20% range to be viable. RF just can't make the bar.

I walked the factory floor in the manufacturing end of a large international corporation on Tuesday of this week. We're assisting them in a significant facility renovation. All of their data collection, shop floor tracking, timekeeping, etc was and had been wireless for quite some time. No wires, cables, fiber - except to transceivers and they needed no attention.

In my prior life (5 yrs ago) for another large firm there were some wireless machine control and process monitoring systems that we used quite successfully. There were some timing issues but we had those with hard wired (to bus) systems too. Keep in mind that a machine in that place could be 300 ft long and 4 stories high. Materials transferred to/from might be several thousand feet away.

So, "some" and "many" is a good description.

That there are point applications is not surprising. The operative term was WIDESPREAD. Tell us more about the how and why and how much.

VLSI applies mainly to digital circuits with a high degree of regularity like a RAM or a FLASH memory.

Doing RF design and fabrication requires circuits and components that don't behave like digital circuits. Things get very challenging when, for example, the dimensions of the circuit have the same order of magnitude as the wavelength of the RF signal. The equipment required to do this kind of work is generally well beyond the budget of the casual hobbyist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…