Rf Remote Control_peter Jakab Receive Routine/nigel Pic Tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anniyan_x

im using nigel pic tutorial to built a RF REMOTE controll..tutorial 12_1, for the TRANSMITS part i could understand the way it is encoded in manchester and then tranmitted,but having difficulties in understanding the manchester receive routine,as i follow the code..some how in the middle i would sure lost..do anyone here came across nigel rf tutorial or peter jakap tutorial and could able to explain the receiving part. as i ustd the receiving part measure the signal length and determine it is a correct bit or not.i mean how in differentiate between header, address, data and checkcum is being received..how it works??

Last edited:
Like you say, Manchester is very easy to send, but a LOT more complicated to receive - personally I've never bothered deeply analysing Peter's routines.

To do so, I would suggest you study them in conjunction with my description of the transmitted format - notice how it starts with a continuous higher frequency - this allows detection of the beginning of the transmission.

Actualy my idea is to built a rgb controller wt remote controll, simply mean a remote control light dimmer,i plan to use your [12_5] rf tutorial where analog voltage is converted into digital and then transmitted and then receive it and to use it as to dim the light using pwm. so wat i find difficult is to noe whn the data(analog to digital conversion result) is received and stored and then for me to take the stored results and use in my pwm routine..thts the whole plan here.i think i no need to noe when it received but to be able to take the data and use as i wish..anyway i try to study thm again wt conjuction with your detail...CAN HARDWARE CAPTURE MODE USED TO DETECT THE ONCOMING BITS AND THN COUNT the bits, is software receive mode same concept wt hardware capture mode.(CCP)

Presumably you could completely rewrite the routines to use the CCP?, but it would be a lot of work - probably easier to use an 8 pin PIC to receive the remote control signal, and squirt the data across to a larger PIC that does the PWM.

ya i thk i should do tht...coz my pwm is in C language and im using PIC18F485..il go and do sum study..and update my problem if i encounter any prob..thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…