RF transmitter 433 help needed for antennae

Status
Not open for further replies.

piscianemperor

hello...
i'm new to this forum,and also to rf transmitters-receivers.
I'm working on a project wherein data will be sent to RF transmitter(RF1 433) by a microcontroller. I've attached a photo of the rf transmitter that i have. The thing is,from the references that i'm using for the project,few components ,which i assume to be some sort of filters have been attached before the coil of the antenna.

Could anyone explain to me what the use of those components is ? also what sort of range can i expect with rf 433 ? If i am supposed to use those components before the antenna,should i desolder it?

Thank You in advance.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 284
  • 2.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 291
Your information is a bit confusing. Your photo is fuzzy but it does not show a Radiotronix RCT-433-AS. Your schematic diagram shows the RCT-433-AS, so I'm wondering what you think the relationship is between the two. In any case, it is safe to presume that the manufacturer of the module that you have has designed it carefully and that you should not be desoldering anything from the board.

The components between the IC and the antenna (the white coil of wire in your case is the antenna) are there to match the antenna impedance to the requirements of the IC output. If there are resistors, such as is shown in the schematic for example, they are in place to form a T-pad to buffer or isolate the antenna impedance from the IC output so that the IC does not malfunction. If your own board does not have these resistors, don't worry about it, this is a sign that they are not needed on your board. These resistors are needed by some transmitter ICs but not others.

Your range will depend on the antenna that is on the receiver, but you might expect to reach 50 feet.

Last edited:
@RadioRon
Ok...thanks...i got it.i searched further for t-pad and found some Radiotronix design notes. i'l look into it. The photo is of the ic that i have,ie. RF1 433 as i had mentioned earlier.it is a local equivalent of the RCT 433. The reason i wrote RCT 433 AS in the schematic is that anyone looking into this would be able to refer to its datasheet if necessary....the local brand has no online datasheet ! i'm from India,and its difficult for me to get hold of RCT433 ,apart from being costly.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…