Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID and DNA Invention Deters Violent Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

russellhanabusa

THE QUESTION IS

‘Would there be violent criminals if they knew they would be quickly identified and punished?’

I have an invention which will drastically reduce crimes like assault, abduction, rape, and murder. It is called the Identifying Security Product (ISP).

http://www.adaisi.com

THE CONCEPT IS SIMPLE

The ISP combines the power of DNA identification with the search/rescue capability of Radio Frequency IDentification (RFID) wireless tags. RFID is a wireless technology that enables the wireless detection objects. The RFID tags can be the size of a pin head.

A potential victim wears a button sized capsule of RFID tags. Imagine a pill holding a hundred of them. Each RFID tag has little teeth which sample and hold skin (DNA) from the attacker. When the attacker strikes the violence of the attack ruptures the capsule and scatters these DNA samplers over him. Some of them sample the attacker’s skin and then scatter on the ground.

THE POLICE SEARCH

Each enclosure has a unique RFID code which of the RFID tags share. A police set their wireless RFID search devices to alert only upon detection of the victim’s unique code. All other RFID codes are ignored. Once a DNA sampler is recovered it is taken to a DNA lab to extract the DNA and identify the attacker.

THE NEED

Every year in the USA alone there are over 5.7 million violent crimes. + 80,000 rapes, +4.8 million assaults, +30,000 stranger abductions, 100 child abduction murders.

The ISP can be effective and affordable for nearly every person in the world. The Cost-Of-Goods could be $0.5 or $10 depending on features. The ISP requires no service fee, battery replacement, re-charging, and no maintenance. It requires no training, strength, nor agility. It is effective against attackers regardless of their strength or number. It can be incorporated into daily wear items like buttons or jewelry.

SPREAD THE WORD

I ask you to help spread the word on the ISP. When potential attackers become aware of the ISP’s ability to create DNA evidence against them that can be located wirelessly the fewer violent crimes they will commit.

THE QUESTION IS:

‘Would there be violent criminals if they knew people wore ISPs?’

Maybe this would be a good idea for criminals. But my question is what will the innocent suffer. Will our goverment know how to use this extra power resonsibly? :?

to be honest i doubt it would do anything, most violent crimes are crimes that occur in the passion of rage, arnt most of those crimes domestic violence?

goodpickles,

Your concern is understandable. RFID and DNA technology are proven and advancing rapidly:

1. Long range tiny RFID tags like the PENI tag are coming:

**broken link removed**

2. Mobile phones with RFID detectors are coming soon.

A search for ‘mobile + phone + RFID’ will yield much on this.

These long range RFID tags combined with an integrated network of mobile phones/RFID detectors could be part of a tracking system that could cover almost all the people all the time. I call it the Integrated ISP Detection Network (IIDN).

The conditions are right for the ISP. The technology is here, its cheap, easy to use, and it will give the government great and new powers. People will want the ISP … and they will want the IIDN too.

The ISP will reduce violence crime and the fear of it. The vast majority of assaults, rapes, and abductions occur when the attacker thinks he can get away with it. The ISP is disguisable. The attacker will not be sure that a potential victim does not have an ISP so violence crime will be reduced. If he attacks, then ISP evidence will take him off the streets so he won’t do it again and violence crime will again be reduced.

An IIDN could put him away in hours if not minutes.

I don’t know how the government will be prevented from misusing the ISP and the IIDN. I would think it would have to come through the constant efforts of a dedicated few.

When the attacker strikes the violence of the attack ruptures the capsule and scatters these DNA samplers over him

R u saying that the attacker will rupture the pill? What if the person wearing the pill accidently falls on it? Also, the attacker would have to hit in the exact right place to rupture the pill.

If this kind of stuff invades my privacy, im gonna make me a little device to zap these tags cuz i hate having my privacy invaded

How could the government misuse this technology?

zachtheterrible,

QUESTION:
R u saying that the attacker will rupture the pill? What if the person wearing the pill accidently falls on it?

ANSWER:
If the enclosure (pill) is accidentally ruptured then there is no problem. There is no need to report it to the police. The ruptured ISP is just replaced with a new one with a different unique RFID code.

However, if the pill was ruptured during a kidnapping, then those who know the disappeared would report the victim missing. The RFID code for the victim’s ISP would be broadcast like an ‘Amber Alert’ and all networked RFID detectors would search for this unique code. This begins the hunt for the attacker.

The police don’t need to find the body of the victim or the attacker. The police just need to find the victim's RFID tags which hold samples of the attacker's DNA and the police have the RFID code.

QUESTION:
Also, the attacker would have to hit in the exact right place to rupture the pill.

ANSWER:
There are several ways the 'pill' could be ruptured:
1.) The attacker does indeed rupture the ISP by his actions. An ISP can be disguised as a common daily wear item or even skin. He might not recognize the ISP.
2.) The victim deliberately ruptures the ISP in self-defense to warn or drive-off the attacker.
3.) The victim is wearing multiple ISPs some disguised and some obvious. In the struggle multiple ISPs are ruptured either by the victim or the attacker.

STATEMENT:
If this kind of stuff invades my privacy, im gonna make me a little device to zap these tags cuz i hate having my privacy invaded

RESPONSE:
The ISP does not invade privacy. It only identifies the attacker who has ‘stolen’ the victim’s property (RFID tags). The ISP is just a personal security device. It is a statement to potential attackers to “Just leave me alone. If you touch me you will be identified by DNA, hunted wirelessly, and punished”.

Also, the ISP resists to zapping. This is because some of the RFID tags will have a temporary Electro-Magnetic (EM) shield. An example EM shield is a thin layer of iron. Before this iron rusts away it will reflect or absorb EM energy directed at the RFID tags preventing it from being ‘burn out’.

Later on, when the iron has rusted away the RFID tag will be fully functional. There are a variety of such temporary EM shields available with a range of protective times. Several of them can be used in the same ISP.

This temporary EM shield feature prevents the attacker from gathering up the victim’s RFID tags immediately at the crime scene using he own RFID tag detector. While the shield is ‘up’ the RFID will not response to his detector and will resist being ‘burn out’.

Later on, when the police come some of the shields will have degraded enough to enable the police to detect some of the victim’s RFID tags and to recover samples of the attacker’s DNA.

As you can see the attacker would be compelled to return to the crime scene again and again to scan for freshly functional RFID tags which hold his DNA. Returning to the scene of the crime is one of the most risky things a criminal can do.

QUESTION:
How could the government misuse this technology?

ANSWER:
The IIDN would be a tracking system of like no other. Citizens would actively support it and for good reasons:

1. The IIDN could enable the ‘live recovery’ of kidnap victims. After a few spectacular live recoveries no one would oppose the IIDN. Citizens would willingly enable it into their networked devices: mobile phones, wireless hubs, cars, ect.

2. After a few IIDN assisted arrests attacking an ISP bearer would be seen as ‘just plain stupid’. This would reduce violent crime and the fear of it. This is all for the good.

However, the IIDN would grow to encompass all. Miniature sensors which could transmit information on sound, chemicals, vibrations, and other parameters could also utilize this same pervasive network.

For animation on the ISP and a detailed explaination see

www.adiasi.com

I do like the idea of the RFID tags collectign DNA n stuff.

The IIDN tag thing scares the crap out of me though :shock:. I hate other people knowing where I am n wut im doing unless I want them to. and IIDN will transmit sound!?!? Um, bugging conversations??

This exact kind of thing makes me very happy that Ive got a knowledge of electronics, so that I can counter this kind of stuff.

Zac makes a very valid point. The very technology that make your idea so powerfully persuasive (RFID tracking), is exactly the type of power that is ripe for potential abuse. The very thought of any government (or individual for that matter) using a system designed for so noble a purpose, in a more sinister manner, will make it unpaletable in ANY open society.
Dialtone

This idea is the wet dream of fascists, communists, and big brother types everywhere. Can you say bad idea? I knew you could.

It's not a question of IF but how soon and how badly this would be abused. Government cannot be trusted with such power. What's worse, there is no way to keep such data from being mined by private business since they are the ones who would collect it. Do really want anyone willing to pay for it to be able to get a file detailing every step you take?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back