Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID Question!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindctrl

Hi all,

Looking at building a moderate range RFID system to remotely lock/unlock my motorcycle. Whenever I step out of the 15-20 foot range, my bike detects the transmitter is no longer near it, and therefore disables the starter. Likewise, when the transmitter comes within range again (presumably because its in my pocket), the bike unlocks and re-enables the starter. Should be simple enough, except I know absolutely nothing about this kind of project.

What kind of tutorials, circuits, diagrams, or datasheets do I need to be looking at? Are there stores that sell this kind of product already made, or something similar that I could modify to my needs? I've spent all day googling this subject and have turned up next to nothing due to the fact that I really know nothing about how to search for this stuff. Some help would be immensely appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back