RGBY Lighting control

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowana

I'm working on a mood lighting project, using banks of 1W Golden Dragon LEDs to light up my room. So far, I have two sets of LEDs, with each set consisting of a red, a green, a blue and a yellow LED. The system is controlled by a PIC, and currently runs the following program, fading between lines:

Red, Red+Green, Green, Green+Blue, Blue, Blue+Yellow, Yellow, Yellow+Red, repeat

While this setup works well, it misses out some combinations (eg red and blue = magenta). I could make a version that went through every possible colour (R,RG,RB,RY,G,GB,GY,B,BY,Y,RGB,RGY,RBY,GBY...etc), although I'm not sure if this would give the whole spektrum - it might look odd for parts of it.

Any ideas on what to light in what order?

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

May I ask how you select and fade the colors? Are you using PWM? If so, how many PWM steps are you using?

I ask because I designed a 256 step PWM driver for RGB LEDs (244-Hz refresh rate) and I found there was very little difference in color change for the higher (brighter) PWM steps. I resorted to using a 64 step gamma correction table which made the color changes faster and much more linear.

Cheerful regards, Mike

Last edited:
you can do this with help of arduino.. check these out
YouTube - Arduino mood lamp first prototype
YouTube - Arduino RGB mood lamp
YouTube - arduino LED mood lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…