Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rising Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

idi

I have a control panel on my desk which controls almost everything in my room. Here is a picture so you get the idea:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

At the moment is is screwed into the desk. If i make a hole in the desk big enough for the whole panel to fit into, is there any way i could attach motors to some sliders to make it rise up electronicly, and then go down back into the desk so it is flush with the top of the desk. (so it cannot be seen from the top)

I dont mind if anything goes under the desk, since it is all going to be hidden from the front.

The mechanism that controls it must be pretty strong, since all the buttons are going to be pressed when it is risen.

I hope i have done a good job of explaining, if not, al draw a little image using MS paint lol

punch "linear actuator" into google, they will do the lifting/retracting. The arms are pretty strong, you'll need to fashion some sort of guide.

Drawer sliders would probably do the job.

Lots of stuff on the firgelliauto web site

Last edited:
Servocity as well.

Nice panel, but think getting off your ass now and then to do a few of the functions would do you more good than harm.

More suited to the disabled than the able bodied.

Pete.

You could lay it down on it's back with a plastic cover that is flush with the desk top and hinged so you can open it and hit the button you need, maybe a mirror behind it to show whats lit up.
Kinarfi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back