Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Robot Controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkx

Hi, I'm looking for ideas for a new robot controller on some simple mobile robots I want to play with. I eventually want to add vision.

Has anyone seen/used these? Seems like a good fit?

**broken link removed**

-dkx

Don't worry about vision when selecting the processor since by then you'll know what you need to know (vision is beyond most of the "hobby" microcontrollers out there). And when you add it, it'll probably be a dedicated processor anyways so don't worry about finding a control board with everything else you need as well as vision.

Well, I ended up buying it anyways.

For someone whos never played with this stuff before, it was still very easy to get up and going. I mounted it to a base I purchased for cheap off of Pololu (Ill try and post some pics). It doesnt do much right now, just follows commands from my computer over the serial port -- but I have some ideas :)

Next up I will grab the mx21 and camera boards...

-dkx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back