Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

robotic arm mounted on wheel base

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urmish

I am trying to automate the unloading process of ships.I will use a cam to locate the positions of cargo on ship.And feed the data to a crane/robotic arm which will go to the cargo and unload on a truck at a specified location. Can someone help me with the mechanical design of the robot?

What country are you in that they're letting a beginner design a robotic crane to handle 200 ton cargo containers over peoples heads?

Anyway, I'm just going to assume this is a model or something, but possibly a school project where I shoulden't hand you too much and say you should look at a robotic gantry sort of design. There are a lot of CNC gantry based mill table projects online that might get you headed in the right direction. Heres one that might be something like what you want (again assuming this is a model) link

Edit: I just remembered that you want to put this on a truck. An arm that big and powerfull and capable of reaching that high and yet fitting on a truck base that could legally drive down the road is a very tall order. What is this for?

Last edited:
t is just a general project....wanted to learn a few things about robotics and dint know where to start....i have already made a line following robot...wanted something challenging(covers image processing plus the usual coding and electronics)...neways thanks for the design but my design is made.....and the model is working.... thanks again....

You mean to say you made an arm that can recognize, secure and load cargo containers? Thats pretty amazing. Can we see pictures or video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back