rs232 convertor - help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsusala

Hello guys

I am new to this forum and I would kindly need your assistance. I have to build a RS232 to analog convertor, and my colleague left me in dark (story is long, and sad). Although I was a very passionate electronist some 15 years ago, time have erased my skills... and I have to deliver fast such a convertor.

The convertor should:
- take the digital data from the serial interface and
- convert the signal into an analog linear range of current from 4mA to 20 mA

Could you help me with a schematic? I can (still) make the PCB. If someone can help, I can even arrange to pay something, after I discuss with my boss. From the BOM (which is the single information I still have on this project), seems that the project is comprising of:
- 1 x PIC16F876/873
- 1 x MAX232A
- 1 x MAX543
- 1 x MAX400
- 1 x 3.584MHz Quartz
- 1 x UA7805 voltage regulator
- and some resistors, capacitors etc.

I mentioned the above main components because maybe you can find fast such a schematic (supposing my colleague made the project correctly). I would be totally at your disposal with the full BOM, or any other information.

Thanks in advance,
Bogdan

Don't have a schematic, will have a look if I can find or create one.
I am thinking... the MAX232 and the PIC will be used to convert serial to parallel and the MAX543 (think it's an A/D converter) to convert the PIC's
outputs to your analogue level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…