Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RS232 with RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhdanas

i try to use RF mudule to send and receive RS232 signal from PC in my PIC ut there is high noise over it is there any IC for filtering this cuz the datasheet is so poor and other on net written in chines ( module "shy-j6122tr" i attached it pdf )and i try 2 other but as i see this better if there other suggestion i'll be happy too
thank u for ur help

Attachments

• shy-j6122tr.pdf
    259.5 KB · Views: 329
With few exceptions you can't transmit pure RS232 with that type of wireless module. You'll need to encode the data and decode it on the other side. Commonly Manchester encoding is used, Google it. You can use other encoding formats if you keep in mind the limitations of your modules.

thank u for answer, i read now about Manchester encoding but can u please tell me how to do it cuz i'm weak in communication little if u can tell me about some IC and by the way i use max232 so 1,0 logical it can be 5,0v if it help or 13, -13 as rs232 is.
thank u again

Manchester encoding is a form of pulse width data communication. Your PC will have no simple way of using it. You could use a pair of XBee radios they support serial communications and would work with both PC & PICs.

You could use an extra PIC to translate your PCs serial communications to Manchester encoding. It's still one way with those RF modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back