RS449 to RS530

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrighty

Hi, just a quick question. I Know that RS449 usually comes on a 37 way connector, but I have a RS449 DB25 (25 way) connector which is the interface for a mux (DCE). I also have a F/O modem (DCE also) which has a RS530 interface. Im using synchronous transmission and trying to fashion a cable that will allow me to make thse two interfaces talk to each other.

Now I know somebody is gonna say "RS449 and Rs530 are compatible, it should be a strait-through" But believe me its not, because my mux (GDC Minimux) uses propriotry signaling and my Fiber modem does not. There is a way and Ive got the data running from a BERT, through the mux to the modem (via part of the pinout which I have invented) and looped through the fiber back on itself. Now this works fine but I have no clocks ( I Know I need a DTE to provide it, and I have been using my BERT as DTE) But untill I know the clock pinouts im going nowhere.

It might be worth noting that this is a £250,000 project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…