Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RTC DS1307 SQA/OUT pullup or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

skmdmasud

Hi..
In my circuit i have used a DS1307 RTC slc,sdc.JPG, i am not using SQA/OUT (pin7) therefor should i leave it as it is or should i connect a 4.7k as pullup resistor:confused::confused:. cuz my limited knowledge says without pullup it will be in floating state and my produce unexpected results.

Square Wave/Output Driver. When enabled, the SQWE bit set to 1, the SQW/OUT pin
outputs one of four square -wave frequencies (1Hz, 4kHz, 8kHz, 32kHz). The SQW/OUT
pin is open drain and requires an external pullup resistor. SQW/OUT operates with either VCC
or V BAT applied. The pullup voltage can be up to 5.5V regardless of the voltage on VCC
. If not used, this pin can be left floating.

Correct.... open drain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back