Run across this in a museum

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
Visiting a museum in Mayor Buratovich - Argentina, closely related to the order Salesian of Don Bosco I could only take pictures of what I believe is a wire recorder.

No information was displayed.

Attachments

• SANY0691.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 288
  • SANY0692.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 264
  • SANY0693.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 280
Hi Agustin,
it appears you are correct, as per this link **broken link removed**

Regards.

My wife and I were just at the Chicago Science and Technology Museum last week and I saw a number of items that were the same as the ones in my private collection of old electronics and electrical junk.

People look at you weird sometimes when you say things like, 'I have that exact same thing laying on the floor in my shop!', when in a museum.

Antique glass batteries, old engine magnetos, an industrial sized vacuum tube, early transistors, and some early style electricians tools if you are wondering.

Oh ya almost forgot the antique chainsaw, engines, and 32 volt generators.

One day I will meet you. LOL

I am the short guy with a keyboard stuck to his hands

And carries his wife/girlfriend/partner on his back..but she can be nasty. When she snarls....run away.

A mean SOB when she want's to be. What can I do though???. I mean, she is like 6 Foot 4....and I am much shorter. She is hot...and me not.

I like to keep her happy.

If she sees this post, I am a dead man. Outta here.

Last edited:
TVTech,

I just e-mailed your post to "tallgirl6'4"@gmail.com" good luck. LOL.

I have one of the Amazon warrior women wives too.

Visiting a museum in Mayor Buratovich - Argentina, closely related to the order Salesian of Don Bosco I could only take pictures of what I believe is a wire recorder.

No information was displayed.

I had a couple of those wire recorders before I bought 1/4" Reel to Reel types.

Wasn't worth a damn for recording guitar. Wish I still had those guys.

my grandparents had an interesting device in their basement, and now i wish i had got it when i had the chance. it looked like a record player, but the tonearm had a magnetic head in it, and used paper disks (12" disk with a 6" dia hole in the middle)with a magnetic coating as recording media. the platter hub had a spiral groove in it, and the tonearm had a side-arm and a pin on it. you set the paper disk on the platter, and when you set the tonearm down with the pin in the beginning of the spiral groove, it would follow the groove, guiding the mag head across the disk similar to how a regular tonearm follows the groove on vinyl. you would record whatever on the disk, and you could take the disk an mail it (with some slight degradation with speech, not music)of the recording if you folded it up) and somebody else with the same device could play it back. judging by the brightly colored plastic, this thing was made in the late 40's or early to mid 50's. the worst part is i don't remember who made it, or what it was called.

I have one of the Amazon warrior women wives too.

LOL tcmtech

You know what in spite of my situation here...guys like you make me think '''''''''' give my sanity back to me.

Need more like you.

You remind me of my Pals way back. Rebels the lot of them. But always knowledgeable in all they do/did. Now that is a chirp of note

tvtech

Last edited:
I had a couple wire recorders I picked up as military surplus in the 1960s. They were used as a black box recorder on aircraft. They were black crinkle finish and about the size and shape of a kids lunchbox. I remember filing the head and adapting the reels for tape.

unclejed613;1126577 the worst part is i don't remember who made it said:
Now you see unclejed...we are all getting older and we forget...Damn...

See you uncle Sydney...

As always,

Bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…