Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rythm controlled lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

explorerbaba

Hello,
I wish to make a circuit that can be used to control 3-5 lights in accordance with the rythm of some audio signal fed to it.
I have heard of some music ICs but doesnt know their part no. nor their function.
Please help..

Last edited:
Don't use that impossible to solder IC and drive it with a computer, use an LM3915 instead.
It has ordinary pins that mount through holes on a circuit board or on stripboard.
Its datasheet shows a peak detector circuit that holds the peak level for a moment long enogh to see it. It drives up to 10 LEDs and has built-in current regulation for the LEDs.

Don't use that impossible to solder IC and drive it with a computer, use an LM3915 instead.
Agreed, what chip/circuit would you use to seperate bass, mid, and high frequencies to display with the LM3915?

First thoughts = color organ

explorerbaba dosn't mention what size of lights.
I recall in the mid-late 60's we built simple color organs using scr's
very simple circuit. I recall powering 150w colored bulbs. One bulb per scr.
am sure if this is what you want then a search engine. As for dividing the frequencies into 3 sections then filters. The color organ had adjustable filters.

An LM3915 is designed to drive low voltage LEDs not high power light bulbs.

You need a high power color organ circuit. Light bulbs are slow to turn off so they might not need peak detector circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back