Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

S51B Telequipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bert Kuijpers

During my move from East London to Mosselbay (RSA) my S51B Telequipment scope packed up. I am going banana’s for weeks now. I have a circuit diagram downloaded. Not all the voltages correspond with the diagram.

The fault: no sweep. When I remove the ECF80, I get a dot just over my middle line, I am able to measure incoming signal and have been able to measure and repair a few PC boards in this way. But it is cumbersome.

The focus does not work, but my Brightness, X gain, X shift seem to work. The Time/CM + Variable in all positions does not work (because no sweep).
I am now decoding all the various positions of the Time/cm switch to see what makes the voltage sweep from 140 Volt pin 7 (CRT) to 316 Volt pin 8.(CRT) If I pull the ECF80 out, both pins have approx the same voltage and therefore I have a spot on the screen.
After hours I discovered that R 50 (330K) was never in the scope and have to start all over again.

Who can help me. How does the sweep start? How does it works? I get 6 Volt on the anode of tube V5a which should be 50 Volt. I get 3 Volt DC on intersection R 73/R 80/ Rv72 which also seem to me not right. The switch settings merely makes the sweep faster or slower. I have therefore to look for something common.
Some info: R 62 is overheating Ra – V6b = 120V instead of 350 Volt
R 63 drops to 22 Volt. Anode V5a drops to 11 Volt instead of 50Volt
Testpin 56 = 1 Volt testpin 48 = 120 Volt R 58 = 16 Volt
What systematic method can I apply to find the fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back