Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

saam

Status
Not open for further replies.

saam12

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii i need help with my project
Design a digital audio filter to optimize intelligibility of air to ground voice communications.

Specific tasks:

- Literature review
- Design and simulation of filter(s) on MATLAB
- Implementation for TI DSP boards using Code Composer
- Physical testing and evaluation in laboratory
any idea to do it or steps
any helpful websites
many thanks

After that is your next project to fix that sticky "i" key on your keyboard? ;)

I would find out what causes intelligibility, and go from there.

The transmissions are likely digital, so the CODEC is going to have a lot to do with reproducibility of the natural sounds.

MIC quality, and proper MIC selection for the job.

Background noise rejection, like that used on cell phones.

compression, transmission

Then the speaker used to playback the audio should be matched to the MIC specs as close as possible. That way, you know the speaker is able reproduce what the MIC "hears".

Quality materials, and codec are probably the biggies.

AudioGuru, you think a 741 opamp will help? ;)
Just kidding, but you are the sound man.

Also, Mr. RB has made a codec which I believe is designed to reproduce the human voice over smaller bandwidth (1 bit). You may want to look into that. Official Home Page of the Roman Black

AudioGuru, you think a 741 opamp will help? ;)
Just kidding, but you are the sound man.
A 741 opamp is certainly not hi-fi but if you want really bad sound then you can use an LM358 or LM324 low power opamp that has crossover distortion and lots of hiss.

I heard aircraft communications and wondered what they were saying because all the important high audio frequencies containing the consonants of speech were missing (the words heaven and seven sound exactly the same) and there was horrible distortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back