Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Same source OP-AMP summing/adder circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elRey

Say you have multiple circuits running off one battery (+12v).

Say the output of circuit #1 oscillates about +1.5v amplitude of 1v. (+1v - +2v)

I can't modify circuit #1. But I want to press a button, and while that button
is pressed down, offset the output of circuit #1 by +1.5v. (+2.5v - +3.5v)

Can this be done using the one battery used for all circuits?

Thanks,
Rey

I'm sorry for my bad english but i'm Italian....

you can adjust the offset by plugging the voltage offset to the offset pin of an Operational Amplifier with gain=1

or you can build an Adder with an Operational Amplifier..

you can plug the inverting input with a resistor=1K to the ground, the out pin to this pin (feedback resistor) with a resistor = 1K and at the non inverting input you can plug your signal by a 330ohm resistor and the offset signal with an other 330ohm resistor (both resistor have a pin plugged to the same pin of the IC)

This is how I would do it:

Attachments

• OFFSET AMP.gif
    OFFSET AMP.gif
    29.7 KB · Views: 386
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back