Samsung TV Home Screen Shows Plain White Screen After Software Update

sophijosephine

Hi everyone,
I have a Samsung BU8000 43-inch TV. Today, when I turned it on, it initiated a software update, and now my home screen is completely white. I can still access Netflix, Hotstar, and Prime Video through the buttons on the remote, but I can not access other applications or see any settings.

I have tried restarting the TV and checking for any additional updates, but the WhiteScreen issue remains. This is quite frustrating since I rely on the TV for various apps.
Has anyone else experienced this screen problem after a software update? Any suggestions? bright white screen

Last edited:
It sounds like a corrupted update?, can you revert to a previous software version? - or are you completely unable to access anything?.

If you try logging on to Samsung support, it 'may' be possible to download a software version to a USB drive, and update it via that? - there's usually some way for service engineers to update the software, but it may not be as simple as a USB drive (it also might be a secret).

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…