Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sansui/Orion DVD player main drive gear needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

perzaklie

I have an older Sansui DVD/VCR model VRDVD4001. The main nylon drive gear on the DVD motor broke. This unit works very well otherwise and I really hate to junk it over this tiny little gear. Does anyone know where I might find one??

Last edited:
Is it a simple gear or something more complex like two gears on a single form? Many smaller gears are standardized especially for CD units, you might be able to use a comparable gear from another non working unit. If you know the outside dimension the hole dimension and the number of teeth you might be able to find a replacement gear from a gear maker but buying a single gear like that is going to be difficult.

Thanks for the reply. It's just a simple gear. I will try putting the pieces together so I can measure it's ID and OD and tooth count. I thought I might try some repair shops in a larger city, possibly finding an old one in their junk pile.

I'd say that's a pretty safe bet, you could take apart any old CDroms you have floating around or other mechanical tape drives or what not, there's a modest chance you'll find a comparable gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back