Sansui/Orion DVD player main drive gear needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

perzaklie

I have an older Sansui DVD/VCR model VRDVD4001. The main nylon drive gear on the DVD motor broke. This unit works very well otherwise and I really hate to junk it over this tiny little gear. Does anyone know where I might find one??

Last edited:
Is it a simple gear or something more complex like two gears on a single form? Many smaller gears are standardized especially for CD units, you might be able to use a comparable gear from another non working unit. If you know the outside dimension the hole dimension and the number of teeth you might be able to find a replacement gear from a gear maker but buying a single gear like that is going to be difficult.

Thanks for the reply. It's just a simple gear. I will try putting the pieces together so I can measure it's ID and OD and tooth count. I thought I might try some repair shops in a larger city, possibly finding an old one in their junk pile.

I'd say that's a pretty safe bet, you could take apart any old CDroms you have floating around or other mechanical tape drives or what not, there's a modest chance you'll find a comparable gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…