Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Say what..... computing

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrie

Has anyone heard of this new (not so new new, if that makes sense) phenomena called quantum computing?

Has anyone heard of this new (not so new new, if that makes sense) phenomena called quantum computing?

Phenomena? That sounds a bit wishy-washy pop culture-ish. It's more like research into the development of quantum computers.

People are telling me they get computing power of 7 qubits from one drop of liquid of this type of computer.
Does that make sense?
So what is this liquid, pee?
And yes, wishy-washy is more or less my feeling towards the above statement.

I believe I can be wrong, but would you believe them. A whole computing phenomena delivering near teraflop performance from a drop of liquid.
It's the end of the world as we know it.

They come up with this or that breakthrough every few months that prove it's possible but practical implementation is still probably 10-20+ years off.

Quantum computing is heralded as the last step in miniaturization because it indicates a 1/0 state with a single electron. Anyone wanna bet this is true?

No, it's significantly more complex than just bits and bytes, it's a completely different way of computing. Check out the Wikipedia entry.

From what I understand "it" can have both states (on and off) at once.
Just to completely fongle up your brain.
It is a seriously complicated process, unlike anything computer today.
The thing is, I don't know what part of it is utter hogwash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back