Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any general purpose NPN with a beta of 100 or more should do the trick. A 2N2222 or 2N3904 should work.

Any small signal diode can be substituted for the 1N914. A 1N4148 is a popular alternative.

Go fetch up some datasheets and make a comparison of the various specifications. You do know how to run down datasheets -- right?

Papabravo said:
Any general purpose NPN with a beta of 100 or more should do the trick. A 2N2222 or 2N3904 should work.

Any small signal diode can be substituted for the 1N914. A 1N4148 is a popular alternative.

Go fetch up some datasheets and make a comparison of the various specifications. You do know how to run down datasheets -- right?

Thanks alot. :)

HarveyH42 said:
the decimal point is replaced with the multiplier... 3k3 = 3.3k = 3300 ohms. British shorthand or something.

It's the internationally agreed standard, it makes it far more clear than a decimal point which can easily disappear. As with many things, the USA don't bother with international standards! :D

Personally, I'm of the age to still use inches and feet, gallons etc. But certainly the younger generations aren't!.

Interestingly it's supposed to be used for capacitors and inductors too but no one bothers.

I like it so I think I'll use it on all my schematics from now on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back