Schematic/Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_1

Hi:

I am looking for good, and easy to use electronic schematic program, and I am also looking for circuit simulation program.
If anyone can recommend something please let me know.
Thank you.

You need to specify both your operating system and your price range.

For free, there's LTSpice, which Ron already mentioned. I use it for simulation--quite nice and easy to use and get into. Eagle is nice for schematic capture and PCB layout, and has a time-unlimited free version for non-commercial use (but it does limit you to 2 layers and small board size--3" x 4", I think).

Both LTSpice and Eagle have native Windows version but work fine on Linux under wine.

If you're on Linux then gEDA has gschem for schematic capture and also has simulation available. Oregano seems more polished and is quite easy to use but seems a little limited yet, but it does do simulation if you install a sim backend (such as gnucap, ngspice). gEDA and Oregano are both free and open source.

I've never used it but at least two people I can think of have recently said they liked TinyCAD.

Torben

I'm also using LT Spice for simulation. It works very well; also, there is a Yahoo group with the same name which is very active and full of knowledgeable people. Also, around 99% PSpice component models are compatible with LTSpice. I suggest giving it a try - however, instead of going to Linear site start with Yahoo group - it has much more beginner-oriented information in it's Files and Links sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…