:: Schematic Software ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

suby786

Hey guys,

looking for a list of schematic software with alot of library support, i dont need VAST libraries of components, maybe as far as MAX233's and PIC16F series.. and normal components

any1 got any good 1's? im sure u have...i need 2 build a schematic before some1 on here can even help me...

also state if they have an auto-route to PCB...and how effective it is at doing that job...

thanks in advance

This is a topic that has been discussed many times on this forum. If you were to do a simple search of the site, it should come up with a bunch of them.

picking a schematic/layout software package based on the size of its part libraries is a very poor way to select one. The overall features and ease of use are WAY more important. If you take a few minutes to LEARN how to add new parts to the library (assuming the software isn't so crappy that they make doing so difficult or impossible) it should not take more than a couple minutes to add a custom part. On the other hand, if you use a crappy software package that makes schematic capture and layout difficult, no matter how big its library is, you're probably going to waste a lot of time no matter what you're doing.

With that said, please take Marks256's advice and search.

I like DipTrace.

Schematic capture and layout and pretty quick to learn, but the feature I really love is how easy it is to add custom parts for both schematic and layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…