Schoolproject with electric circuit but i need help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joose

First at all.
It is great to see that a forum like this is excist

Now to the more serious part.

The time has come to be up for some exams at school and one of these exams is to make a Technical /Elektrik solution that will make life easier for humans

My projet is to create a window that can be open by means of manual operation. Besides this manual steering ring to the window when a fire alarm begins the window will begin to close so the fire dosnt get more oxygen so the fire wont spread more than necessary.
My idea is to receive sound from the fire alarm is with a microphone and using this sound to loop get the window to close. At the same time it must NOT be possible to control the window manualt. Before using a button.

I've tried to build the circuit but im not sure whether it is buildet correct and would therefore ask you for help

when the mic has discovered a sound from the firealarm. Do you have to switch the contact for running manual again

PLZ help.
And sry for my bad english. Just ask if you dont understand the hole descripsion

Here is the curcuit:
**broken link removed**

/Joose

Last edited:
The window will close and hurt somebody every time a motorcycle drives past.

Your project detects a sound then closes a window on somebody.
A motorcycle, a dog barking or your wife screaming at you will close the window. Even if the TV is playing too loud.
It is too dangerous.

hmm i got a amplifire that filter background noise away.
The mic is mean to sit in the alarm .

hmm i got a amplifire that filter background noise away.
Maybe

The mic is mean to sit in the alarm
Then why not just do the sensible thing and hard wire the motor drivers to the alarm system?

I realise this is just a school project which will never be used in real life, but the concept is just silly.

JimB

If you filter background sounds away then you also filter the alarm sounds away.
Since the mic sits inside the alarm then it will be much louder than anything else so the idea will be fine because only the alarm will trigger the window to close.

What about people inside the room where there is a fire? They will not be able to breath with the fire using all the oxygen and the closed window blocking any replacement oxygen.

And they wouldn't be able to escape...
Inside the alarm is best, or making a smoke detector yourself(i have no idea how to, but google might help, but it could be pricey)

Hi

Firstly, Why all the critism people??? Lets try to provide solutions rather than problems.

I like your idea even though it may not be extremly practicle. I belive with the mic situated near the alarm, background noise will be no problem, as all you will include a low frequency filter in tune such that the alarm frequency will pass.

Background noise i.e. motorbikes and dogs as mentioned would cause no problems as they are far away and muffelled.

In responce to audioguru and amando96, the guy said there will be an emergancy button to be used by trapped occupants. this will disable the system so that people can escape.

Non the less, Joose you need to break this problem down into steps. My suggestion is...

Mic -> Audio Amplifier -> Filter -> Comparator -> Trigger -> Motor Controller

Simple as that.

However I would like to mention that each stage mention above requires a considerable amount of research.

I have not had time to extensivly analyse your design, but will try to have a look tommorrow.

Good luck and feel free to ask any more questions you may have.

StudentSA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…