Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SDCC conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

spirosd

I am playing around with the cvs version of the sdcc compiler and I have put together a 'simple' piece of code to step a motor (based on the work that I have done with the Hi-Tech PICC Lite compiler). I am using gpsim (again latest cvs version) to test the code to ensure that everything is A OK.

Now, simulating a 16f84 no problems ... everything works as advertised, I am a happy bunny :p . Configuring the code for a 16f628 (MCLR internally to VDD, Comparators off, internal 4MHz clock, LVP OFF ... ahh heck this is the config line ) is the only difference in the code (that and using the 16f628 header file).
Code:
//fuses configuration
typedef unsigned int word;
word at 0x2007 __CONFIG = _CP_OFF & \       // code protection off
                          _DATA_CP_OFF & \             // data protection off
                          _PWRTE_ON & \                 // power on timer on
                          _WDT_OFF & \                   // watchdog timer off
                          _INTRC_OSC_NOCLKOUT & \     // internal oscillator
                          _LVP_OFF & \                  // low voltage programming off
                          _MCLRE_OFF & \             // MCLRE tied internally to VDD
                          _BODEN_OFF;                // Brown-out reset disabled

Trying to simulate the resulting code in gpsim fails (for those interested I have included the error message I get from gpsim)
Code:
gpsim - the GNUPIC simulator
version: 0.21.3

type help for help
starting server....
 started server
gpsim>  f628 construct
p16f628 setting config word 0xffff
 porta valid_iopins ff  tris valid io df
** SETTING CONFIG address = 0x2007  value = 0x3f90
p16f628 setting config word 0x3f90
 porta valid_iopins 1f  tris valid io df
gpsim> running...
attempt read from invalid file register
attempt write to invalid file register: address 0x0, value 0x4
0x0000000000000048 p16f628 0x0013 0x1515 bsf    ccpr1l,2

Any ideas as to what might be wrong? I have posted a question of the gpsim mail list about this, wondering if anyone here might have any ideas / suggestions.

(Yes Nigel, this is another reason why learning assembler is good reason ... :lol: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back