Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Seeing what pin is what at a MOS-FET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarsil

Does anybody has an ideea about how to see what pin is what at a MOS-FET using a multimeter or a simple circuit?
:confused:
I can't find a datasheet for the thingyes..only a brief description.

if yr DMM has a diode-check AND the FET you have has an intrisnic diode you can do a diode-check on the pins to figure out the source and drain pins

from that you know that the 3rd must be the GATE and equally via the conduction of the diode-test you know which one is DRAIN and which one is SOURCE

Either create a new thread for a question or ask it in the same one but please don't do both. I've already answered your question .

Styx said:
if yr DMM has a diode-check AND the FET you have has an intrisnic diode you can do a diode-check on the pins to figure out the source and drain pins

from that you know that the 3rd must be the GATE and equally via the conduction of the diode-test you know which one is DRAIN and which one is SOURCE
I hope they have:D . Aniway it's a good ideea. Th a lot!

a tip for finding datasheets... Google

say you need to find the datasheet for: IRFR024 (an N-type FET)
Type this into google

IRFR024 filetype:pdf
Since most datasheets are pdf documents, this will only return pdf files, 99% of the time it will return a link to the datasheet (normally a good link in the top5). Only failed me once this method out of 1million uses

Styx said:
a tip for finding datasheets... Google

say you need to find the datasheet for: IRFR024 (an N-type FET)
Type this into google

IRFR024 filetype:pdf
Since most datasheets are pdf documents, this will only return pdf files, 99% of the time it will return a link to the datasheet (normally a good link in the top5). Only failed me once this method out of 1million uses
Useful tip...bot no datasheet found:mad:

Why not use parts that are made by companies that you know are good and parts that are common and cheap?

Why not post a question in the datasheets section?

audioguru said:
Why not use parts that are made by companies that you know are good and parts that are common and cheap?
Well...i got a smal bag full of those thingies.
But you're wright, I'l trow those damn thingies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back