Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Seiko M1641

Status
Not open for further replies.

2bi

Hey all!

At my school we got a big box whitch coontained 100 Seiko M1641 LCD displays. (no backlight) (hd44780 chip) (1x16)
The problem is we cant get it to work.
We have tryed LCDsmartie, jalcds and LCDmodule.
Jalcds seems to get some contact with the display because the display flicker when the progam is runned.

Our pin arangement:

Lcd pin 1 - GND
2 - 5v+
3 - 3v-
4 - Pin 16 on Ltp port (signalGND)
5 - Pin 14 (unknown function)
6 - pin 1 (enable strobe)
7-14 - pin 2-9 (data bus 1-8)

We dont have any privious experience with LCD displays so if there are any little tricks let me know.

Any help will be apriciated!
Ask if there are any questions.

Edit: My info was maybee a little short:
The LCD does turn on, thre is power byt no caracters are displayed.
And i have seen the other post on this forum about the same display but it dident help me mutch.

Mvh
2bi

Last edited:
4 - Pin 16 on Ltp port (signalGND)
5 - Pin 14 (unknown function)
6 - pin 1 (enable strobe)

these 3 pins are RS , RW and E ,
RS - > denotes command(0)/data(1) in the data bus of lcd
RW -> denotes writing(0)/read,busy(1)
E -> enable .
set the RS pin first followed by RW pin , then Data/Command and 'pulse' (0-1-0) the E .
some more details are in the hd44780 chip datasheet.

We tryed to set RS high followed by R/W and pulsed the E on a simulation board and it diddent work.
We cant figure out how to connect the display correctly to the ltp port on a computer.

We read the hd44780 datasheet but it dident say anything about connecting the display to a ltp port on a computer.

Can anyone specify AKGs answer a bit more or give a description for connecting to ltp port we would be very happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back