Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weight and pressure sensor can be one since for both the formula ( Pressure = Force / Area ). Pressure in closed containers is treated differently since you need to get two pressures and find the difference.

Friends can any one tell about weight and pressure sensor

I would suggest you start with a Google and understanding of a Wheatstone Bridge since it is the foundation of many sensors. Then a Google of Strain Gage would help.

Ron

Can i use parallel plate capacitor as weight sensor .because both plates are brought near or far the capacitance changes

Last edited:
Can i use parallel plate capacitor as weight sensor .because both plates are brought near or far the capacitance changes

You can use anything that will produce an electrical change when a physical force is presented to it. The question becomes what is practical to use. You want capacitive? OK, then start here reading.

You could stack the plates for what that is worth.

Generally you want a balanced bridge and an outside force causes a measurable change. Nice when the change is linear and in proportion the the force applied.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…