Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

serial port cud u extend it??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

jam_mafia

hello everyone i am doing my final year project on serial communication using rs232,rs485.we are basically using the serial port for this and also doing a project on gsm modems which is again connected to serial port.we r basically 3 in the group so we think this project wud be too small i request u to kindly provide any idea regardig projects on serial port.we want to extend our project so watever project related to serial port wud serve fine.
thanx in advance

how much would you like to extend it? 1-2km? maybe 3?
you can simply use pair of 232/485 converters back to back...

So you can enable two PCs to cominicate whith each other whith those radio modules or whith IR like a TV remote.You can also use an laser insted of an LED to get a huge range.

Someone Electro said:
So you can enable two PCs to cominicate whith each other whith those radio modules or whith IR like a TV remote.You can also use an laser insted of an LED to get a huge range.
i'd prefer rf , since it can be non-LOS. also writing an OS driver s/w , so that when these devices are plugged in..it behaves like say a communication channel/socket..etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back