Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial .... USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzmann

Hi All ,

i'm working with mc 18f4550....and i'm going to connect it with a laptop ..... unforunatly the laptop haven't serial port just USB ....... simply i cannot write programs to interface via USB .... so i bought a convertor from Radioshack to convert my Laptop USB and add adiitional COM called COM1 to the windows ,

i'll write windows application using C# .... to interface it with the microcontroller circuit ( MAX 232 )

here is my new convertor., please look at it and tell me will it work as i think or i'm doing something wrong ?

i'm asking this question because i don't like to sepnd too much time building the rpogram and the circuit and find out that this convertor is not suitable !

**broken link removed**

Thank you

That will work. You could of course make the 18F4550 act as a USB to serial converter. Have a look at **broken link removed**.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back