Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

servo motor in animatronic hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difficult to suggest a particular servo since that will depend on your application torque requirements.

Since you have the SG90s, might as well use them until you have a better handle on your design needs.

Cool project, by the way...:cool:.

Difficult to suggest a particular servo since that will depend on your application torque requirements.

Since you have the SG90s, might as well use them until you have a better handle on your design needs.

Cool project, by the way...:cool:.

Thank you for replying but i tried with sg90 (only this is avaible in my lab) and it didnt work...its rotational speed is actually very small..
and i checked for servo motors with greater torque ..but they are costly...
now i am thnking of using simple dc motor(i have dc motors) and i even tried but cant control its speed with potentiometer only .. can you suggest something else..

Dimension: 22mm x 11.5mm x 22.5mm
Net Weight: 9 grams
Operating speed: 0.12second/ 60degree ( 4.8V no load)
Stall Torque (4.8V): 17.5oz /in (1kg/cm)
Temperature range: -30 to +60
Dead band width: 7usec
Operating voltage: 3.0V~7.2V
Fit for ALL kind of R/C Toys

Operating speed: 0.12second/ 60degree ( 4.8V no load) How fast do you want?

Operating speed: 0.12second/ 60degree ( 4.8V no load) How fast do you want?

motor specification is not given on the project details..but i tried sg90 and it doesnt work...i just want instantaneous response.
so i thought of using dc motor..i just need precise control over its speed.
can you suggest how can i have precise control over dc motor speed

How close is 0.1 seconds to "instantaneous".
How fast can you move your finger.
You may have other delays in the system.
>If your system is what is in the video.....
>>There is a radio link, computer board, finger sensors, servo controller etc. Each has a delay.

I have a servo controller, one of its features is to set the maximum speed of a servo. If set to slow it really is slow. If set to max the servo jumps.

A servo is a completely different beast than a "simple dc motor".

It's not just the speed of the response you need, it's the repeatable control of the position of the shaft.

This has a reasonable explaination of the differences:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back