Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Servo selection help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

aruna1

Hi I came across these servos and I need your help to figure out whether this servo is worth for its price.
I want to know is there any downsides of these servos and whether it can be used in robotics without any troubles.(I heard dead bandwidth has considerable effect but have no idea how it works)

Servo 1:

here is the link
**broken link removed**

and here are the specs

**broken link removed**

Servo 2:

TowerPro MG90 Servo Specifications and Reviews

Thanks

There's no way to answer that question, you need to know the exact torque, speed, and precision requirements for your application before you can chose a proper servo. If this is for general use pretty much any servo will do, though metal gear ones are good for robotic work because they handle torque better.
Based on their specs those servos are so close in performance as to not matter. If you're looking for something of higher quality find servos that have more than 3 poles, the more poles the motor has the smoother the motion will be, but the more expensive the servo will be as well.
Deadband is pretty simple, the larger the deadband is the more 'slop' there is in how firmly the servo will hold it's set position. I have no idea why that one has a spec for 2ms deadband it makes no sense, deadband is almost never listed for standard servo's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back