Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shaker table calibrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaguarjoe

I am building a small shaker table from a nice sub woofer and other junk err... stuff.
I am trying to figure out how to make an accurate vibration sensor to use as a calibration "standard". My first plan was to use a10 turn pot with the shaft attached to the platform through a small pulley.
The last place I worked had a shaker and had a Kistler accelerometer and a double integrator but that's a tad pricey.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi,

Plan on experimenting with non Newtonian fluids?

How about a small reflector with photo detector of some sort :)

A cheap piezo disc with an inertial mass attached (though accuracy/repeatability is dubious)?

you could use a dual voice coil speaker. the second voice coil would provide the acceleration information

.....perhaps add a coil to your existing sub-woofer?

Using a pot might introduce unacceptabe wear issues.

Perhaps a variable inductor tuner element from an old car radio? Or a variable cap from a similiar device.

Either one controlling the frequency of a simple oscillator circuit whose output is fed to an appropriate opamp 2nd order bandpass filter. The output could be rectified (and filtered) giving a repeatable DC value.

Obviously not linear, but that could be dealt with a number of ways, if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back